Moon Rocky Mountain National Park: Hike, Camp, See Wildlife (Travel Guide) (Paperback)
On Our Shelves Now
Hike to stunning glaciers and waterfalls, savor the solitude of the mountains, and sleep under the stars: an unforgettable adventure awaits with Moon Rocky Mountain National Park. Inside you'll find:
- Flexible Itineraries: Unique and adventure-packed ideas ranging from one day in the park to a week-long trip, with tips for family fun, winter adventures, and visiting all the glaciers
- The Best Hikes in Rocky: Detailed trail descriptions with mileage, elevation gains, individual trail maps, and backpacking options
- Experience the Outdoors: Hike the dramatic glacier-formed gorges to find jaw-dropping waterfalls and spot elk, moose, and bighorn sheep along the way. Join in on a summertime ranger program, snowshoe to a ghost town in the winter, or catch the annual Perseid meteor shower in August. Take an adventurous bike tour, try your hand at rock climbing or fishing, and set up camp for a night under the stars (and a spectacular sunrise, too!)
- How to Get There: Up-to-date information on gateway towns, park entrances, park fees, and tours
- Where to Stay: From campgrounds to B&Bs to the iconic Stanley Hotel, find the best spots to kick back, both inside and outside the park
- Planning Tips: When to go, what to pack, safety information, and how to avoid the crowds, with full-color photos and detailed maps throughout
- Expertise and Know-How from seasoned explorer and Rocky Mountain local Erin English
Visiting more of North America's national parks? Try Moon Zion & Bryce or Moon Yellowstone & Grand Teton. Trying to hit them all? Check out Moon USA National Parks.
About the Author
Erin English lives for the next hike or backpacking adventure. A Colorado resident since 2003, she has hiked and camped extensively throughout the state and in nearby Utah, Arizona, Wyoming, and Montana. Shortly after moving to Boulder, Colorado, she visited Rocky Mountain National Park on the recommendation of a friend, who proclaimed it "the best national park ever." Erin wasn't one to disagree. So began a long love affair with Rocky's lakes, waterfalls, trails, wildlife, and secluded backcountry campsites. The park is her go-to place for relaxation and solitude.
During her 23-year career as a journalist, Erin has produced content for print, web, and television. Additionally, she has worked for numerous environmental nonprofits. She holds a particular passion for working outdoors with individuals with disabilities, and has served as a volunteer Nordic skiing instructor for the Eldora Special Recreation Program in Boulder, as well as the marketing director for the Adaptive Sports Center in Crested Butte.
As a freelance writer, Erin specializes in topics relating to travel, the outdoors, and mountain town life. She lives in Crested Butte, Colorado, where she enjoys hiking, skiing, and camping with her family.