Moon Zion & Bryce: With Arches, Canyonlands, Capitol Reef, Grand Staircase-Escalante & Moab: Hiking, Biking, Scenic Drives (Travel Guide) (Paperback)
Explore the colorful hoodoos, canyons, and iconic arches of all five of Utah's national parks with Moon Zion & Bryce. Inside you'll find:
- Flexible Itineraries: Unique and adventure-packed ideas ranging from one day in each park to a week-long road trip covering all of them, designed for outdoor adventurers, road-trippers, families, and more
- The Best Hikes in Utah's National Parks: Individual trail maps, mileage and elevation gains, and backpacking options for Zion, Bryce Canyon, Canyonlands, Arches, Capitol Reef, and Grand Staircase-Escalante
- Experience the Outdoors: Snap a pic on a sunrise hike or get your adrenaline pumping on a white-water rafting excursion down the Colorado River. Explore the beautiful remains of ancient Native American rock art throughout the parks or discover the creative, energetic spirit of the nearby town of Moab. Enjoy the serenity of Bryce in winter on cross-country skis or take a week-long summer road trip to hit every park on your list
- How to Get There: Up-to-date information on gateway towns like Moab, park entrances, park fees, and tours
- Where to Stay: Campgrounds, resorts, and more both inside and outside the parks
- Planning Tips: When to go, what to pack, safety information, and how to avoid the crowds, with full-color photos and easy-to-use maps throughout
- Helpful resources on Covid-19 and traveling to Utah's national parks
- Expertise and Know-How: Seasoned explorers W.C. McRae and Judy Jewell share tips for travelers who want to backpack, mountain bike, raft, rock climb, hike, and more
About Moon Travel Guides: Moon was founded in 1973 to empower independent, active, and conscious travel. We prioritize local businesses, outdoor recreation, and traveling strategically and sustainably. Moon Travel Guides are written by local, expert authors with great stories to tell—and they can't wait to share their favorite places with you.
For more inspiration, follow @moonguides on social media.
About the Author
W.C. McRae has been exploring Utah for several decades, each time getting farther off the road and digging deeper into the landscape. Every trip has a different focus, whether it's hiking into a new and more remote canyon, fixating on ancient rock art, or going deluxe at guest ranches. Bill has written for Frommer's, Lonely Planet, and Mobile Guides, and has contributed to 1000 Places to See Before You Die. He has also edited books for National Geographic and provided content for websites such as GORP.com and Expedia.com. When not fixing up his old house in Astoria, Oregon, Bill has a day job as a high-tech marketing writer.
While visiting Goosenecks State Park, Judy Jewell realized that, like the river below, she might be an example of entrenched meandering. Perhaps so... her work on the Moon guides to Utah, Montana, and Oregon has taken her to both the popular destinations and the remote areas in these states. In Utah, there's nothing she likes better than tromping through a dry wash in search of rock art or an old granary. When she's at home in Portland, Oregon, Judy works as a technical and scientific editor and a yoga teacher.