Lone Wolf and Cub Omnibus Volume 1 (Paperback)
Backordered Title, Not on our shelves: Call to check availability.
Other Books in Series
This is book number 1 in the Lone Wolf and Cub Omnibus series.
- #2: Lone Wolf and Cub Omnibus Volume 2 (Paperback): $24.99
- #3: Lone Wolf and Cub Omnibus Volume 3 (Paperback): $24.99
- #4: Lone Wolf and Cub Omnibus Volume 4 (Paperback): $24.99
- #6: Lone Wolf and Cub Omnibus Volume 6 (Paperback): $24.99
- #7: Lone Wolf and Cub Omnibus Volume 7 (Paperback): $19.99
- #8: Lone Wolf and Cub Omnibus Volume 8 (Paperback): $19.99
- #9: Lone Wolf and Cub Omnibus Volume 9 (Paperback): $24.99
A samurai epic of staggering proportions, the acclaimed Lone Wolf and Cub begins its second life at Dark Horse Manga with new, larger editions of over 700 pages, value priced. The brilliant storytelling of series creator Kazuo Koike and the groundbreaking cinematic visuals of Goseki Kojima create a graphic-fiction masterpiece of beauty, fury, and thematic power.
About the Author
Kazuo Koike is a prolific Japanese manga writer, novelist, and entrepreneur. Early in Koike's career, he studied under Golgo 13 creator Takao Saito and served as a writer on the series. Koike, along with artist Goseki Kojima, made the manga Kozure Okami (Lone Wolf and Cub), and Koike also contributed to the scripts for the 1970s film adaptations of the series, which starred famous Japanese actor Tomisaburo Wakayama. Another series written by Koike, Crying Freeman, which was illustrated by Ryoichi Ikegami, was adapted into a 1995 live-action film by French director Christophe Gans.
Goseki Kojima was a Japanese manga artist known for his collaborations with Kazuo Koike. The team was often referred to as the “Golden Duo.” Kojima’s best-known work was Lone Wolf and Cub. Other titles attributed to Kojima are Samurai Executioner and Path of the Assassin. In 2004, Kojima won an Eisner Award.