A Breath of Snow and Ashes (Outlander) (Prebound)
Other Books in Series
- #1: Outlander (Starz Tie-in Edition): A Novel (Paperback): $18.00
- #2: Dragonfly in Amber: A Novel (Outlander #2) (Mass Market): $9.99
- #3: Voyager (Starz Tie-in Edition): A Novel (Outlander #3) (Paperback): $18.00
- #4: Drums of Autumn (Outlander #4) (Mass Market): $9.99
- #5: The Fiery Cross (Outlander #5) (Mass Market): $9.99
- #6: A Breath of Snow and Ashes (Outlander #6) (Mass Market): $9.99
- #7: An Echo in the Bone: A Novel (Outlander #7) (Mass Market): $9.99
- #8: Written in My Own Heart's Blood: A Novel (Outlander #8) (Mass Market): $9.99
- #9: Go Tell the Bees That I Am Gone: A Novel (Outlander #9) (Hardcover): $36.00
Eagerly anticipated by her legions of fans, this sixth novel in Diana Gabaldon's bestselling Outlander saga is a masterpiece of historical fiction from one of the most popular authors of our time.
Since the initial publication of Outlander fifteen years ago, Diana Gabaldon's "New York Times" bestselling saga has won the hearts of readers the world over -- and sold more than twelve million books. Now, A Breath of Snow and Ashes continues the extraordinary story of 18th-century Scotsman Jamie Fraser and his 20th-century wife, Claire.
The year is 1772, and on the eve of the American Revolution, the long fuse of rebellion has already been lit. Men lie dead in the streets of Boston, and in the backwoods of North Carolina, isolated cabins burn in the forest.
With chaos brewing, the governor calls upon Jamie Fraser to unite the backcountry and safeguard the colony for King and Crown. But from his wife Jamie knows that three years hence the shot heard round the world will be fired, and the result will be independence -- with those loyal to the King either dead or in exile. And there is also the matter of a tiny clipping from "The Wilmington Gazette," dated 1776, which reports Jamie's death, along with his kin. For once, he hopes, his time-traveling family may be wrong about the future.
"From the Hardcover edition.
About the Author
Diana Gabaldon is the author of five previous Outlander novels -- Outlander, Dragonfly in Amber, Voyager, Drums of Autumn, and The Fiery Cross -- as well as Lord John and the Private Matter and one work of nonfiction, The Outlandish Companion. She lives in Scottsdale, Arizona. "From the Hardcover edition."